(ORIGINALLY PRINTED IN 2016 MARCH)
By Harry Schonleber- Campus Press Staﬀ Music Columnist
Hey, paint a piano! Come to Lincoln Hall Room L 009 at 1:00 p.m. and help the Camden County College Art Club. • The college’s Theatre Department is looking for musicians to perform in the orchestra pit for an upcoming productions. Don’t miss this great opportunity!
· It’s official: The brand new cutting-edge Audio Production Associate degree in Applied Science program is quickly becoming one of the most popular programs and the second-year classes have been fully implemented and will be available for student enrollment for the Fall 2016 semester. New classes include an Audio Internship, Studio Maintenance, Audio Production, and Mixing Audio. For more information, contact Professor Mike Billingsley or Professor Dave Downham in Lincoln Hall Music Department.
· Pictured here is the brand new Allen and Heath 24Channel Digital Mixing Board that was just installed in the Lincoln Hall L17 Studio/ Classroom.
· Mark your calendar: The Camden County College Music Ensemble is bigger and better than ever and will perform a live concert featuring jazz and rock, including a tribute to the late David Bowie on Monday, May 9, at 7:30 p.m., in the Dennis Flyer Memorial Theater. On Tuesday, May 10, the Camden County College Choir will perform their popular concert in Flyer Theater, also at 7:30 p.m.
· Wednesday, May 11, rounds out the week of musical performances by Camden County College students with recitals performed by graduating music majors at 7:30 p.m., in Dennis Flyer. Admission is free and open to the public for all three events.
· Finally, I just want to say that with all the losses the music world has sustained in recent weeks such as David Bowie, Maurice White, Natalie Cole, Glenn Frey, Scott Weiland, and Ian “Lemmy” Kilmeister… it’s important to appreciate artists while we can and to support them as they support us.